Thursday, August 19, 2010

Comment on Joel Lee's blog

Hi readers, below will be my comments on Joel Lee's blog -- http://jneater.blogspot.com/ on the topic of "Swiss Vandal".

I agree with Joel's point that the judge is being a little more strict to this case by convicting Oliver Fricker of seven months in jail and three strokes of the cane. However, I shall say that it is unfair as Oliver Fricker is a foreigner who just wanted to "beautify" the MRT train. Moreover, I feel that if Singapore lay such a heavy sentence on Fricker, it will cause Singapore's relationship with Switzerland to be strained and may lead to further consequences. In my own opinion, I feel that Fricker should be not be convicted of caning, but instead a longer sentecne in jail and a large sum of money. From the point of view as a reader, I still do not understand Fricker's intention of vandalizing a MRT train and find that it is a really foolish thing to do as it will lead to unforseen circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment